Merchants can now give Google detailed product information to display rich results right on the Google Search results pages. It is an effective way to attract potential buyers while they are searching for items to buy on Google. Follow the steps below on how to set a product up.
- Navigate to Content > Articles.
- Create a new article or modify an existing one.
- Click the tab Google Structured Data.
- Choose Product right below.
- You'll see a panel named Products Data which holds the following important input fields that need your attention.
- Description: Type a short description. If none is provided then the article's text will be used instead
- SKU: The product's Stock Keeping Unit if available. It is optional.
- Brand Name: The product's brand name. It is optional.
- Rating: Choose the rating you'd like to appear for your product on Google Search. You can choose between 0 and 5.
- Reviews Quantity: Fill with the amount of reviews this product has.
- Price: The product's price. It is optional.
- Currency: The product's currency.
- Condition: Choose the product's condition between a set of choices as currently recognized by Google.
- Availability: Chooce the product's availability between a set of choices as currently recognized by Google.
- Click Save & Close.
It's important to mention that in the structured data the product's Intro Image is included, if it exists. If it doesn't then it uses the Full Article Image. These images can be set through the Images and Links tab in the same screen. We highly recommend that you go ahead and set at least one of them up.