You can indicate the preferred name you want Google Search to display in Search results easily by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Extensions > Plugins.
- Search for System - Google Structured Data Markup and click it.
- Click on the Site Data Tab.
You'll see a panel named Site Name which holds the following important input fields that need your attention.
- Enabled: Self-explanatory. Enable or disable the Site Name functionality.
- Site Name: The preferred name of your website. If left blank, the default site name as set on the configuration will be used instead.
- Alternative Site Name: You can provide an alternate name for your site, and let Google Search algorithms choose the most relevant between the Site Name and the Alternate Name (optional).
Site URL: The base URL of your website. Enter entire URL - with http://www...
If left blank, the default base URL will be used instead.
- Continue filling any other values of the other panels that you might recognise and then click Save & Close.