Convert Forms offers seamless integration with Elastic Email email marketing service. Connecting Convert Forms to your Elastic Email email list is very easy. Follow our step by step guide on how to connect Convert Forms with Elastic Email.
- Addon Installation
- Campaign Setup
- Disable Elastic Email Double-Optin
- Enable Update Existing User
- Email Field
- Elastic Email Custom Fields
- Assign form to Campaign
1. Addon Installation
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Addons
- Click the Cog button for the Elastic Email Addon. A popup will appear where you can enable the addon.
- Click on the Status and select Enabled.
- Now you can click on Save & Close button to save the enabled addon.
2. Campaign Setup
To setup a Campaign with Elastic Email, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Campaigns
- Create a new Campaign by clicking New
- Type a name for your Campaign. This name can not be seen by anyone else but you.
- For the Sync Leads > Choose Service selectbox choose Elastic Email. If you can not find the Elastic Email option then you do not have the Elastic Email Addon installed and activated. In that case, please go back to the top of the article and see how to install the mandatory addon.
- Save the Campaign for the special Elastic Email fields to show up.
Elastic Email needs:
- An API Key
- A List ID: Once you click the "Lists" button as shown in the screenshot above, a dropdown of your available Lists will appear and you can select the List you are interested in populating.
- Click Save & Close
Elastic Email API Key
To obtain your Elastic Email API Key you need to log into your Elastic Email Account and navigate to Settings > STMP/API. Once you are there, you will be able to copy the API Key as it is shown in the screenshot below.
Now that you have the API Key, go ahead and paste it back into the Campaign settings you were setting up previously in Convert Forms.
3. Disable Elastic Email Double-Optin
In case you do not want to notify the user of his subscription to your Elastic Email mailing list, you can choose No for the Double Optin option in the campaign setup screen.
4. Enable Update Existing User
There will be cases where an existing user subscribes to your mailing list once again with the same or different extra data. For whichever reason, you are able to update any existing user with his latest data if you choose Yes for the Update existing user option in the campaign setup screen.
5. Email Field
For a ConvertForm to successfully store an email address to your Elastic Email account it needs to have an email field. This field is already set up at the time of creating the form and you don't have to change its input value as it is already configured for you.
6. Elastic Email Custom Fields
In order for you to store more user data than just an email, you must utilize Elastic Email's Custom Fields.
You can configure your Custom Fields through your Elastic Email Dashboard. To do that, navigate to the Contact Menu and then click the "Manage Contacts" button so that the option "Edit Custom Fields" shows up.
Once there, you'll see a screen like the one below in which you are able to identify and set the extra fields needed to collect more user data. As you can see in the screenshot below, as an example, we have the fields age and country to collect the age and the country of the user respectively.
With the fields you have configured on your Elastic Email Account, you can now proceed and use the same ones in your ConvertForm. For example, we used our age and country custom fields in our Convert Form in the screenshow below.
7. Assign form to Campaign
Of course don't forget to assign the form to our newly created Campaign! See the screenshot below to understand where to assign it.