Convert Forms offers seamless integration with iContact email marketing service. Connecting Convert Forms to your iContact email list is very easy. Follow our step by step guide on how to connect Convert Forms with iContact.
1. Addon Installation
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Addons
- Click the Install button for the iContact Addon. If it's already installed you can move on to the next section.
2. Campaign Setup
To setup a Campaign with iContact, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Campaigns
- Create a new Campaign by clicking New
- Type a name for your Campaign. This name can not be seen by anyone else but you.
- For the Sync Leads > Choose Service selectbox choose iContact. If you can not find the iContact option then you do not have the iContact Addon installed and activated. In that case, please go back to the top of the article and see how to install the mandatory addon.
- Save the Campaign for the special iContact fields to show up.
- App ID
- Username: This the username/email you use to login to iContact.
- App Password
- A List ID: Once you click the "Lists" button, a dropdown of your available Lists will appear and you can select the List you are interested in populating. Make sure that all the fields above have been filled out first before selecting your List.
- Click Save & Close
Where to find the App ID and App Password
Find the App ID and App Password can be done via iContact's Settings which you need to start from.
Once you are in the Settings Menu, click the "iContact API".
Then you need to type in a distinct name for the App and a Description. The purpose of these are only so you can distinguish the App's purpose and you can type anything you want.
Now we can proceed with setting up the App's Password by enabling the App as it is shown in the screenshot above.
Finally, type in an App Password and remember to copy and paste the App ID and App Password back to the iContact Integration in ConvertForms.
For a Convert Form to successfully store an email address to your iContact account it needs to have an email field. This field is already set up at the time of creating the form and you don't have to change its input value as it is already configured for you.
iContact offers this basic set of Contact Fields that you can use as it is displayed in the screenshot below.
As an example, we used the fields firstName and lastName from the list and added them to our ConvertForm.
4. Assign form to Campaign
Of course don't forget to assign the form to our newly created Campaign! See the screenshot below to understand where to assign it.