Convert Forms offers seamless integration with ActiveCampaign email marketing service. Connecting Convert Forms to your ActiveCampaign email list is very easy. Follow our step by step guide on how to connect Convert Forms with ActiveCampaign.
- Addon Installation
- Campaign Setup
- Email & Name Fields
- ActiveCampaign Tags
- ActiveCampaign Custom Fields
- Assign form to Campaign
1. Addon Installation
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Addons
- Click the Cog button for the ActiveCampaign Addon. A popup will appear where you can enable the addon.
- Click on the Status and select Enabled.
- Now you can click on Save & Close button to save the enabled addon.
2. Campaign Setup
To setup a Campaign with ActiveCampaign, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Campaigns
- Create a new Campaign by clicking New
- Type a name for your Campaign. This name can not be seen by anyone else but you.
- For the Sync Leads > Choose Service selectbox choose ActiveCampaign. If you can not find the ActiveCampaign option then you do not have the ActiveCampaign Addon installed and activated. In that case, please go back to the top of the article and see how to install the mandatory addon.
- Save the Campaign for the special ActiveCampaign fields to show up.
- An API URL & An API Key: How to find them both
- A List ID: To get your List ID, go to the Lists tab on ActiveCampaign and hover the mouse over the number of subscribers (next to the list name), then look at the link in the status bar. It should have a segment like this &listid=1.
- Click Save & Close
3. Email & Name Fields
For a Convert Form to successfully store an email address to your ActiveCampaign account it needs to have an email field. This field is already set up at the time of creating the form and you don't have to change its input value as it is already configured for you.
If you want to store the contact's fullname you should create a field named name. See the screenshot below to understand where to set it up.
4. ActiveCampaign Tags
ActiveCampaign offers you the ability to tag your contacts. In order for you to use tags with Convert Forms first you have to create the tags in ActiveCampaign's Tag Manager. To open the Tag Manager while in your ActiveCampaign Dashboard, click the "Contacts" tab in the top menu and then click the down arrow next to "Manage Scoring" to display a dropdown menu of various options. As you can see in the screenshot below, click "Manage Tags" to go to your Tag Manager and add any new tags you'd like.
Now that you have created your tags, the next step is to go to your Convert Form, create a hidden field named tags and set the tags in a comma separated list as its value. See the screenshow below to understand where to set it up.
5. ActiveCampaign Custom Fields
ActiveCampaign offers custom fields to collect more types of data for each of your contacts. We can also use these custom fields in a Convert Form for a more efficient data gathering and by extension, a more efficient campaign. Let's see how.
First you need to navigate to your ActiveCampaign Dashboard, choose "Lists" in the menu and click "Manage Fields" to to be able to create, update or delete your list's custom fields. As an example in the screenshot below we have created an Address custom field and an Age custom field.
With the custom fields you have configured on your ActiveCampaign Account, you can now proceed and use the same ones in your Convert Form. For example, we used our Address and Age custom fields in our Convert Form in the screenshow below.
6. Assign form to Campaign
Of course don't forget to assign the form to our newly created Campaign! See the screenshot below to understand where to assign it.