Convert Forms offers seamless integration with the Campaign Monitor email marketing service. Connecting Convert Forms to your Campaign Monitor email list is very easy. Follow our step by step guide on how to connect Convert Forms with Campaign Monitor.
- Addon Installation
- Campaign Setup
- Email & Name Fields
- Campaign Monitor Custom Fields
- Assign form to Campaign
- Campaign Monitor Opt-in Option
1. Addon Installation
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Addons
- Click the Cog button for the Campaign Monitor Addon. A popup will appear where you can enable the addon.
- Click on the Status and select Enabled.
- Now you can click on Save & Close button to save the enabled addon.
2. Campaign Setup
To setup a Campaign with Campaign Monitor, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Campaigns
- Create a new Campaign by clicking New
- Type a name for your Campaign. This name can not be seen by anyone else but you.
- For the Sync Leads > Choose Service selectbox choose Campaign Monitor. If you can not find the Campaign Monitor option then you do not have the Campaign Monitor Addon installed and activated. In that case, please go back to the top of the article and see how to install the mandatory addon.
- Save the Campaign for the special Campaign Monitor fields to show up.
Campaign Monitor API Key
To obtain your Campaign Monitor API Key you need to log into your Campaign Monitor Account and navigate to your Account Settings. Once you are there, click the API Keys link in the sidebar as it is shown in the screenshot below.
Once you are in the API Key Screen then copy you API Key and paste it back into the Campaign settings you were setting up previously in Convert Forms. See the screenshot below to identify your API Key.
Campaign Monitor List ID
To obtain your Campaign Monitor List ID you only need to click the "Lists" button as shown in the screenshot above and a dropdown of your available Lists will appear.
With that dropdown you can select the List you are interested in populating in Campaign Monitor.
Finally, now that you have both prerequisite fields, you can Save & Close this Convert Forms Campaign.
3. Email & Name Fields
For a Convert Form to successfully store an email address to your Campaign Monitor account it needs to have an email field. This field is already set up at the time of creating the form and you don't have to change its input value as it is already configured for you.
If you want to store the contact's fullname you should create a field named name. See the screenshot below to understand where to set it up.
4. Campaign Monitor Custom Fields
Campaign Monitor offers custom fields to collect more types of data for each of your contacts. We can also use these custom fields in a Convert Form for a more efficient data gathering and by extension, a more efficient campaign. Let's see how.
First you need to navigate to your Campaign Monitor Account, go to the List from which got the List ID previously and finally click the "Custom Fields" link in the sidebar.
Once you are there you are able to create and manage your own custom fields. As an example in the screenshot below we have created an Address custom field and an Age custom field.
With the custom fields you have configured on your Campaign Monitor Account, you can now proceed and use the same ones in your Convert Form. For example, we used our Address and Age custom fields in our Convert Form in the screenshow below.
5. Assign form to Campaign
Of course don't forget to assign the form to our newly created Campaign! See the screenshot below to understand where to assign it.
6. Campaign Monitor Opt-in Option
Campaign Monitor does not provide the option to choose between Single or Double Opt-In subscriptions. Instead, you have to set this option through your list settings in your Campaign Monitor account. By default the option is Single Opt-in.