Convert Forms offers seamless integration with Drip Ecommerce CRM. Connecting Convert Forms to your Drip campaign is very easy. Follow our step by step guide on how to connect Convert Forms with Drip.
- Addon Installation
- Campaign Setup
- Disable Drip Double-Optin
- Enable Update Existing User
- Email & Name Fields
- Drip Custom Fields
- Drip Tags
- Assign form to Campaign
1. Addon Installation
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Addons
- Click the Cog button for the Drip Addon. A popup will appear where you can enable the addon.
- Click on the Status and select Enabled.
- Now you can click on Save & Close button to save the enabled addon.
2. Campaign Setup
To setup a Campaign with Drip, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Campaigns
- Create a new Campaign by clicking New
- Type a name for your Campaign. This name can not be seen by anyone else but you.
- For the Sync Submissions > Choose Service selectbox choose Drip. If you can not find the Drip option then you do not have the Drip Addon installed and activated. In that case, please go back to the top of the article and see how to install the mandatory addon.
- Save the Campaign for the special Drip fields to show up.
- Drip needs an API Key, an Account ID and a Campaign ID. Below you can find out how to get each one of them.
- Click Save & Close
Where can I find the API Key?
To find your API Key, please go to your User Settings > User Info Tab > API Token.
Where can I find my Account ID?
To find your Account ID, please go to your Account Page > General Info Tab > Account ID.
Where can i find my Campaign ID?
To find your Campaign ID, please click the "Lists" button as shown in the screenshot above, a dropdown of your available Campaigns will appear and you can select the Campaign you are interested in populating
3. Disable Drip Double-Optin
In case you do not want to notify the user of his subscription to your Drip campaigns, you can choose No for the Double Optin option in the campaign setup screen.
4. Enable Update Existing User
There will be cases where an existing user subscribes to your mailing list once again with the same or different extra data. For whichever reason, you are able to update any existing user with his latest data if you choose Yes for the Update existing user option in the campaign setup screen.
5. Email & Name Fields
For a form to successfully store an email address to your Drip account it needs to have an email field. This field is already set up at the time of creating the form and you don't have to change its input value as it is already configured for you.
If you want to store the subscriber's fullname you should create a field named name. See the screenshot below to understand where to set it up.
First Name and Last Name
You can also add 2 different input fields for the name. The one can be used for the First Name and the second one for the Last Name. The field keys must be first_name and last_name respectively (As mentioned below). The settings must be applied as seen in the above screenshot.
By default, Drip provides you with a list of fields that populate an individuals persons profile.
These custom fields are the following:
6. Drip Custom Fields
Drip offers custom fields to collect more types of data for each of your subscribers. We can also use these custom fields in a Convert Form for a more efficient data gathering and by extension, a more efficient campaign. Let's see how.
First you need to navigate to your Drip Dashboard, choose "People" in the menu and click "Fields" to to be able to create, update or delete your custom fields. As an example in the screenshot below we have created a Website custom field and a Social_Media_URL custom field.
With the custom fields you have configured on your Drip Account, you can now proceed and use the same ones in your Form. For example, we used our Website URL and Social Media URL custom fields in our Form in the screenshow below.
7. Drip Tags
Drip offers you the ability to tag your subscribers. In order for you to use tags with Convert Forms first you have to create the tags in Drips's Tag Manager. To open the Tag Manager while in your Drip Dashboard, click the "People" tab in the top menu and then click the "Tags" Tab in the menu below, followed by clicking the "+ Add Tags" button on the right side of the page to start adding any tags you desire.
Now that you have created your tags, the next step is to go to your Convert Form, create a hidden field named tags and set the tags in a comma separated list as its value. See the screenshow below to understand where to set it up.
8. Assign form to Campaign
Of course don't forget to assign the form to our newly created Campaign! See the screenshot below to understand where to assign it.