Convert Forms offers seamless integration with the HubSpot email marketing service. Connecting Convert Forms to your HubSpot forms is surprisingly easy. Follow our step by step guide on how to connect Convert Forms with HubSpot below.
1. Addon Installation
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Addons
- Click the Install button for the HubSpot Addon. If it's already installed you can move on to the next section.
2. Campaign Setup
To setup a Campaign with HubSpot, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Campaigns
- Create a new Campaign by clicking New
- Type a name for your Campaign. This name can not be seen by anyone else but you.
- For the Sync Leads > Choose Service selectbox choose HubSpot. If you can not find the HubSpot option then you do not have the HubSpot Addon installed and activated. In that case, please go back to the top of the article and see how to install the mandatory addon.
- Save the Campaign for the HubSpot API Key field to show up.
HubSpot API Key
To obtain your HubSpot API Key you need to log into your HubSpot Account and click this link here: https://app.hubspot.com/keys/get . Once you are there, you will be able to copy the API Key as it is shown in the screenshot below.
Now that you have the API Key, go ahead and paste it back into the Campaign settings you were setting up previously in Convert Forms.
Finally, now that you have the HubSpot API Key, you can Save & Close this Convert Forms Campaign.
3. Email & Name Fields
For a Convert Form to successfully store an email address to your HubSpot account it needs to have an email field. This field is already set up at the time of creating the form and you don't have to change its input value as it is already configured for you.
HubSpot offers by default one field specifically for the contact's first name. To use that field you should create a field named firstname. See the screenshot below to understand where to set it up.
You can use this field as a fullname option as well but we recommend that you create a field named lastname to store your contact's last name. If you would like to store more name-related fields like middle name you need to create the field through your HubSpot account. This way you would be creating essentially a custom field. See next how to use HubSpot's custom fields with Convert Forms.
4. HubSpot Custom Fields
HubSpot offers custom fields to collect more types of data for each of your contacts. We can also use these custom fields in a Convert Form for a more efficient data gathering and by extension, a more efficient campaign. Furthermore, HubSpot already provides a wide collection of fields that you can use to characterize your contacts. Let's see where to find them and how to use them.
4a. Find the HubSpot fields
First you need to navigate to your HubSpot Account, click "Contacts" in your HubSpot Account's main menu and then click "Actions" > "Edit Properties".
In the Properties Screen you can see all the fields that can be used already. To use any of these fields you need to find its internal name. To do that, click on any of them and then copy its internal name in the modal window as you can see in the screenshot below.
4b. Create a custom HubSpot field
Apart from the already available HubSpot fields, you can also create fields of your own. To do that follow the steps below.
- Click the "Create new property" button at the top right of your screen.
- Type a label for your field.
- Select a field type. Convert Forms can accommodate all of the field types listed there apart from the File Upload type and the Datepicker type.
- Save the property.
4c. An example Convert Form with HubSpot custom fields
As you can see in the screenshot below we have setup an example Convert Form using HubSpot's custom fields. In this example we use HubSpot's city field and an age field which we created through HubSpot.
5. Assign form to Campaign
Of course don't forget to assign the form to our newly created Campaign! See the screenshot below to understand where to assign it.