Look for multiple instances of jQuery
Right click on your page and select "view source." With the source opened, use the search feature of your browser (often CTRL + F) to search for ‘jQuery’ without the single quotes. Paging through the results, look for multiple instances of jQuery.js, jQuery.1.4.0.js, jQuery.1.8.3.min.js, or something similar. If you locate multiple inclusions of jQuery, you have probably uncovered the cause of your issues. Try to find which extensions are making the calls and deactivating them one by one. Once you find the culprit, feel free to email their support team asking them to fix their poor coding choices.
Known Errors & IssuesThe most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token.
If you have Joomla's Page Cache enabled then you might experience this error response. In most cases, disabling that plugin seems to fix the issue.Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
You're probably facing a PHP fatal error caused by a 3rd party Joomla! extension. Enable Error Reporting through Joomla configuration page, submit the form once again and see if the form reports any PHP errors.The Ajax Interface component is missing or is not enabled
It happens sometimes the core Ajax Interface component is missing from your Joomla! installation, however the files are still there. Here's how you can fix it. Go to Extensions -> Manage -> Discover and click on the Discover button. You should see the Ajax Interface component in the list which you can then install.PHP Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini
It's very likely to receive this PHP warning while you're trying to save a big form in the backend with over 50+ fields. The symptopm of this issue is that the form is partially saved and the solution is to increase the max_input_vars PHP variable to something bigger than the default value which is 1000.
If the previous step doesn't help, download and install the Ajax Interface component installation zip file from this link.3rd Party Extensions
Below you can find a list with 3rd party extensions that are known to cause issues:
- AddThis - Bookmark and Sharing Tool
- AxisMeta Renderer
Other Things to Check
- Are you on the latest version of Joomla!?
- Are you on the latest version of Convert Forms? Convert Form is updated frequently with bug patches, security updates, code improvements, and new features. It’s always best to be on the latest version of Convert Forms.
- Check the Developer Releases section if there's a release candidate available that fixes your issue.
- Is your hosting service Up-To-Date? Sometimes issues you see on your site can occur because a hosting service is not working properly or isn’t up-to-date with the lates requirements.
- Make sure the Error Reporting is set to None in the Global Configuration page.
- Make sure the Page Cache System plugin is disabled.
If you have progressed through the previous steps but have not been able to resolve your issue, then you are ready to reach out for support. Here’s how to help our support team provide the best possible assistance:
- Please be specific as to both the problem and your desired functionality for Convert Forms, and provide any URL(s) being discussed.
- Please be concise. If you have multiple questions or a longer message, consider using bullets or numbers to help keep your questions clear and distinct.
Log into your account first and the submit a support ticket through this form.