Convert Forms offers seamless integration with Zoho Campaigns. Connecting Convert Forms to your Zoho mailing list is very easy. Follow our step by step guide on how to connect Convert Forms with Zoho.
- Addon Installation
- Campaign Setup
- Disable Zoho Double-Optin
- Enable Update Existing User
- Email Field and available Zoho Fields
- Zoho Custom Fields
- Assign form to Campaign
1. Addon Installation
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Addons
- Click the Install button for the Zoho Addon. If it's already installed you can move on to the next section.
2. Campaign Setup
To setup a Campaign with Zoho, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Components > Convert Forms > Campaigns
- Create a new Campaign by clicking New
- Type a name for your Campaign. This name can not be seen by anyone else but you.
- For the Sync Leads > Choose Service selectbox choose Zoho. If you can not find the Zoho option then you do not have the Zoho Addon installed and activated. In that case, please go back to the top of the article and see how to install the mandatory addon.
- Save the Campaign for the special Zoho fields to show up.
- An Auth Code: How to generate it
- A List ID: Once you click the Lists button as shown in the screenshot above, a dropdown of your available Lists will appear and you can select the List you are interested in populating.
- Click Save & Close
3. Disable Zoho Double-Optin
Zoho does not allow disabling Double-Optin when using their API.
4. Enable Update Existing User
There will be cases where an existing user subscribes to your mailing list once again with the same or different extra data. For whichever reason, you are able to update any existing user with his latest data if in the ConvertForms Campaign you choose a Zoho List which is Private.
If the list is not private then you are not able to update an existing user through Zoho's API.
5. Email Field and available Zoho Fields
For a Convert Form to successfully store an email address to your Zoho account it needs to have an email field. This field is already set up at the time of creating the form and you don't have to change its input value as it is already configured for you.
On top of the email field, Zoho provides by default an extensive list of optional fields for you to use. These are the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Zip Code
- Job Title
- Secondary Email
- Twitter Handle
- Facebook Handle
- Linkedin Handle
- Lead Score
- Lead Source
- Is Converted
To be able to use them inside your ConvertForm you need to use them as they are in a Field Name.
6. Zoho Custom Fields
In order for you to store more user data, you must utilize Zoho's Custom Fields.
You can configure your Custom Fields through your Zoho Settings. To do that, navigate to the Settings of your Zoho Campaigns and click on the "Custom Fields" option.
Once there, you'll see a screen like the one below in which you are able to identify the extra fields you have created or will create. As you can see in the screenshot below, as an example, we have the fields Age and Country of origin to collect the Age and the Country of origin of the user respectively.
With the fields you have configured on your Zoho Account, you can now proceed and use the same ones in your Convert Form. For example, we used our Age and Country of origin fields in our ConvertForm in the screenshot below.
7. Assign form to Campaign
Of course don't forget to assign the form to our newly created Campaign! See the screenshot below to understand where to assign it.