Creating a YouTube popup with Engage Box it's so easy since version 2.5 which introduced a new box type for iFrames. This new box type makes it easier to fetch the content of an external URL like YouTube, Google Maps or even a Joomla article.
How to find the YouTube Embed URL
Visit YouTube and click on the "Share" button below the video player. Then click on the "Embed" button and copy the URL from the embed code only.
Create the Box
- Go to Components -> Engage Box
- Create a new Box and set Published to Yes
- Choose iFrame from the Box Type dropdown list
- Enter the YouTube Embed URL to the URL field
- Set the Remove on close option to Yes
- You are set!
In order to make the video autostart append the ?autoplay=1 parameter to the URL.